best checkpoint-friendly carry-on backpack that fits under seat
I have been on a quest to find the best backpack for my business travels. One that is . . .
- checkpoint friendly
- carry-on size (preferably 22" x 14" x 9" or under)
- distributes weight well so I can wear it while riding my motorcycle
and has enough capacity to carry . . .
- 15.6" notebook (~7 lbs.)
- 10" tablet
- projector (10.2" x 7.4" x 2.8")
- charger x3 (notebook, tablet, phone) and cables x 5 (various types and lengths)
- wireless mouse, compact digital camera, belkin mini surge protector
- flash drives x 3
- hygiene (toothbrush, paste, deodorant, lip balm, etc.)
- clothing for 3-5 days (I use the bundle method to pack, so it takes up less space)
I've looked at some tactical bags like the 5.11 Rush 24; and I've looked at some daypacks like the North Face Overhaul 40. Unfortunately, none of these seem to fit the bill.
If I could fit all of this in one carry-on size bag, I'd be ecstatic. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!0
I've had good luck with this: http://www.rei.com/product/803307/osprey-porter-46-travel-pack
I have a bag that I use to fit in the saddlebag of my Harley Davidson Flhx Street Glide. It is called The Bagger. I bought it like a million years ago at http://www.harleybags.com. I don’t know if they still sell it though. It looks like they only sell Harley motorcycle custom parts now.
A cool tool can be any book, gadget, software, video, map, hardware, material, or website that is tried and true. All reviews on this site are written by readers who have actually used the tool and others like it. Items can be either old or new as long as they are wonderful. We post things we like and ignore the rest. Suggestions for tools much better than what is recommended here are always wanted.Tell us what you love.
- Autonomous Motion
- Big Systems
- Dead Tools
- General Purpose Tools
- Inner Space
- Life on Earth
- Living on the Road
- Maker Tools
- Maker Update
- Media Tools
- Paper World
- Prove Us Wrong
- Readers' Gifts
- Related Stuff
- Science Method
- Source Wanted
- Tool Chest
- Visual Media
- What's in My Bag