One USB Adapter for Charging Android Phone Anywhere
I want exactly ONE portable USB cable (USB/microUSB) to charge my phone in any of the following situations:
- 120V wall outlet
- 12V car (cigarette lighter)
- USB port on computer/laptop/whatever
Of course the 3ft USB/microUSB + wall wart that came with my phone meets all the criteria above (assuming 12V adapter in car), but it's hardly portable. I'm looking for something to carry on my person for charging in any situation where a USB port is available. I've found some interesting products, but none meet all my criteria:
- http://www.hellonomad.com/products/nomadkey - Looks well designed but can't be used to charge from wall outlet or cigarette lighter without careful placement if at all.
- http://www.hellonomad.com/products/nomadclip - Another well-designed product that could probably handle everything but charging from wall outlet since it's not long enough to allow phone to rest on floor.
- http://www.bluelounge.com/products/rolio/ - Ingenious design and appears to fit all criteria (assuming cable is 8-12"), but is iPhone (lightning adapter) specific.
While a product that includes a well-designed adapter for wall outlet and/or cigarette lighter would be a benefit, it's not a requirement.
Please help, CoolToolers, you're my only hope.0
How about a retractable cable? I've carried one of these around in my pocket for several months now: http://www.amazon.com/Micro-USB-Retractable-Cable-BlackBerry/dp/B007Z419BI/
- Autonomous Motion
- Big Systems
- Dead Tools
- General Purpose Tools
- Inner Space
- Life on Earth
- Living on the Road
- Media Tools
- Paper World
- Prove Us Wrong
- Readers' Gifts
- Related Stuff
- Science Method
- Source Wanted
- Tool Chest
- Visual Media
- What's in My Bag