Tool Chest

Grip-On Locking Pliers Clamp


A clamp for locking pliers

A few days ago I needed to clamp something and none of my clamps were the right shape, so I went to the local hardware store and got one of these clamps. At the time I didn’t know what it was for — all I knew was that it was the right shape for me.

After I finished using it, I noticed that it had a model number on it, so I looked it up online to find out what it had been designed for. It turned out to be made to hold a pair of locking (Vise-Grip) pliers firmly to the edge of a table.  I tried it out with my Vise-Grips, and sure enough, it was a perfect fit.

This is something I would have bought years ago and used all the time if I’d known it existed. Enclosed is a picture of it in action (something I couldn’t find online). I think just about anyone who uses Vise-Grip pliers regularly could use one of these.

-- Stephen Malinowski 07/11/12


(Update: A commenter pointed out that they are available for different sized locking-pliers.--OH — editors)