login ask-a-question questions unanswered tags faq

A friend told me he saw a tool that you can lay on in and attic, and that is very compact. Does anyone know the name of that tool? Thank you

asked Dec 11 '11 at 08:21

whitney260's gravatar image


You can sometimes purchase Oriented Strand Board (OSB) in sizes of 2 x 8 ft that is tongued and grooved. The usual size is 4 x 8 ft, the 2 x 8 ft size is intentionally sized to fit through an attic door. The tongued and grooved edges allow the pieces to interlock. I floored an attic using this approach.


answered Dec 31 '11 at 09:29

celenius's gravatar image


edited Dec 31 '11 at 09:29

You could go to one of the big box hardware/lumber stores and have them rip a piece of half inch plywood to a width that will fit through your attic hatch or door. Trim it to length so you can make the turn through the door if necessary. Have cut two identical pieces and there you go... two tools


answered Dec 28 '11 at 13:45

pelicanhook's gravatar image


I dunno, it sounds like a bed board. These are foldable planks made of cardboard, wood, or sheetrock that are ostensibly used to firm up a bed by creating a platform under a sagging mattress. You could conceivably use this in an unfinished, unfloored attic.



answered Dec 19 '11 at 07:50

Christopher's gravatar image


Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported


Asked: Dec 11 '11 at 08:21

Seen: 2,841 times

Last updated: Dec 31 '11 at 09:29

Related questions

powered by OSQA