pStyle Female Urination Device
Stand up and pee
I have used the pStyle female urination device for over two years. Initially you might think it is gross but I think it is fantastic and I’ll explain why. If you are a guy you have no right to judge or snicker since you don’t have to completely drop your pants to pee while out in the wilderness.The pStyle is a plastic trough that allows girls to pee standing up without dropping their pants.
I carry mine in a little mesh bag with a small squirt bottle of water for rinsing. I keep it in one of the side water bottle pouches on my backpack and one in my glove box.
- Before you say this is gross, remember urine is sterile (unless you have some nasty infection).
- Imagine not having to drop your pants to pee in the jungle, avoiding getting your butt bitten by insects in the process.
- You don’t have to go on a trek to find cover as far away just to pee. In many places cover doesn’t exist.
- They come in a rainbow of colors.
- You don’t need toilet paper to pee. When done you just pull it forward and out if your pants and it acts like a squeegee. Then you simply rinse with the little water bottle and put away. Your fingers never touch the pee or any nasty bits.
- Imagine not having to hold it for long periods for lack of privacy.
- You will finally really know how easy guys have it.
- You can now tell people “I just don’t pee, I pstyle!” Or “I’m stylin with my pstyle!”
- Two years ago a woman I was with on an Amazon trip fell in the river, pants down, trying to pee off the side of the boat. All could have been avoided with the pstyle.
- I’ve been doing field work/trips for a long time and just want to make you aware of a product I find very useful and wish I had discovered sooner.
- I have researched other types and styles of these devices and I think this is the best. Don’t bother with the other kinds (Go-girl, lady j, etc). They are too soft and flexible so you practically have to drop your pant to get them in place and use them anyway. For me its a p-style or nothing.
I am completely serious about how much I like the pstyle. I have given one to my sister and other field biologist friends and while skeptical at first, they love it after trying it in the field.05/8/15