What’s in my NOW? — Duarte O.Carmo
Sign up here to get What’s in my NOW? a week early in your inbox.
Duarte O.Carmo is a technologist, born and raised in sunny Portugal, now based in Copenhagen. His work lies in the intersection of Machine Learning, Data, Software Engineering, and People. His website is duarteocarmo.com.
- Hexad Carryall Duffel Backpack. This is a fantastic backpack Vittoria gave me for my birthday. We’ve traveled for ~3 months with it and I could not be more satisfied. Laptop pocket, dirty clothes section, fits in any carry on compartment. Well built, and very durable.
- Heattech Crew Neck Long Sleeved Thermal Top. I’ve always hated shopping for clothes. But when I like a piece of clothing, then I just double down. Besides my 5 pairs of 512 Levis, I’ve now added these long sleeves from Uniqlo. They’re warm, but not too warm, relaxed but not lazy, and super comfortable. I bought 5 in different colors.
- NEXSTAND K2 Laptop Stand. As I try to reduce traveling, I’m also trying to spend more time in the place when I do. So working 24/7 from my laptop can be a bit of a pain. This laptop stand survived a 3 month long trip with me and will STAY with me. Super portable and durable (for the price of course).
- Getting Started with Beancount. I’m a bit of an expense tracking maniac. For years I tried different apps and excel sheets looking for the perfect expense tracking software. For the past 4 years, I’ve embraced the plain text accounting movement and have been using beancount. It’s not easy as downloading an app and you are ready to go, but once you get it, you won’t need anything else.
- Cambridge Runner Training Analysis. What computer nerd doesn’t like numbers? As I prepare my next marathon, I like to get deeper and deeper into my stats. Christof Schwiening has done a wonderful job taking Giovanni Tanda’s formula and building a wonderful marathoner dashboard around it.
- If you’re not still learning you’re already dying. Not sure who said it, but it sure is true.